Twinning Project “Support to Implementation and Enforcement of Intellectual
Property Rights in the Republic of Moldova”
There is currently a vacancy for a Language Assistant in Twinning Project MD09/ENP-PCA/OT/04 “Support to Implementation and Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights in the Republic of Moldova”, funded by the EU.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to the Resident Twinning Adviser, Kenny Wright, at email@example.com or the Resident Twinning Adviser’s Assistant, Victoria Muntean, at firstname.lastname@example.org, before 23rd November 2010 (recommended CV format can be located at http://ec.europa.eu/enlargement/how-does-it-work/technical-assistance/twinning_en.htm).
1. Content of the Job
To provide translation and interpretation support to the Resident Twinning Adviser, during the implementation of Twinning Project MD09/ENP-PCA/OT/04 “Support to Implementation and Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights in the Republic of Moldova”.
- Translation of documents from Romanian to English and English to Romanian, when required by the Resident Twinning Adviser.
- Maintaining minutes of meetings.
- Assisting with Romanian / English interpretation at meetings and seminars, when required by the Resident Twinning Adviser.
- Assist the RTA in developing press materials including press releases and statements
Providing ad hoc support to the Resident Twinning Adviser in all administrative and logistical matters.
University Degree in languages, including English, or equivalent proven practical experience.
- Proficiency in oral and written Romanian.
- Proficiency in oral and written English.
- Worked for at least two years as a Romanian / English translator / interpreter.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Word, Access, Excel, Power Point).
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Strong inter personal skills.
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Proficiency in oral and written Russian would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Intellectual Property Rights and judicial terminology would be an advantage.
3. The work conditions
The successful candidate will be based at the State Agency on Intellectual Property of the Republic of Moldova, 24/1 Andrei Doga Street, MD-2024, Chisinau, Republic of Moldova and will report to the Resident Twinning Adviser, an employee of the Danish Patent and Trademark Office.
Contractual nature of the job:
The successful candidate will be employed as an independent consultant under a Service Contract signed by the Danish Patent and Trademark Office. Consequently, the successful candidate will be self-employed and be responsible for the payment of all work related costs, including taxes, required by legislation in the Republic of Moldova.
€ 800 per month.
Duration of the employment:
The successful candidate is expected to be employed from 1st December 2010 until the completion of the Project on the 30th April 2012.