The Academy of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) with headquarter in Geneva informs that from December 17 to 19, 2012, in Cape Town, South Africa will take place the works of the Executive Program „Strategic Intellectual Property Management”. The Program is organized by WIPO in cooperation with University of Cape Town (UCT) with participation of WIPO experts, as well lecturers with intellectual property background from International Business and Law Schools.
The Program will aproach a wide variety of ways in which IP (patents, trademarks and copyrights may be employed to increase enterprise value, as following:
- Fundamentals of Patent Law
- Ways of deploying IP
- IP and Business in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Case study: Colgate vs P&G
- International Registration Systems for Managers
- Case studies: defensive IP strategies
- Fundamentals of Copyright Law
- Recent Developments in IP Law and their implications for Strategy
- Dispute resolution and strategies for executives
- IP Licensing Agreements
- Negotiation of IP Licenses
- Fundamentals of trademark Law
- Realizing Value from IP and Commercialization
The program is designed primarly for two groups:
- Senior executives who are responsible for strategy, board members, Presidents, Vice Presidents, enterprebneurs, heads of product development, R&D, engineering, technology transfer, marketing, finance, brand management or patent management,
- Lawyers (both in-house counsel and partners in law firms) who advise companies with significant IP holdings caracterised by dense IP rights.
Working language: English
The Program is offered through an open enrolment and the registration fee is US $ 2,000. The WIPO Academy will make available registration discounts, as follows:
- 40% discount to participants from developing countries,
- 20% discount to two or more participants belonging to the same company,
- 20% discount to the members of IP organizations and associations recognized by WIPO,
- Companies and organizations from developing countries wishing to send more than one participant may receive a maximum of 50% discount upon request.
The fee covers study materials, coffee breaks, lunches and opening dinner.
Notice: the fee does not cover travel and accomodation!
Candidates are processed on first-come, first-served basis, subject to the availability of space.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2012
Registration Deadline: December 7, 2012