In January 2017, took place the latest revision of the Hague Guide for users (Guide to the International Registration of Industrial Designs). The information was published on the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) website. The revision was made in the context of amendments made to the System for international registration of industrial designs, namely:
- the termination of the 1934 Act of the Hague Agreement Concerning the International Registration of Industrial Designs on October 18, 2016;
- amendments to Rule 5 of the Common Regulations, which entered into force on January 1, 2017;
- the submission of priority documents to the Offices of Japan and the Republic of Korea;
- the Guidance on Preparing and Providing Reproductions in Order to Forestall Possible Refusals on the Ground of Insufficient Disclosure of an Industrial Design by Examining Offices;
- optional declarations;
- modifications to the E-filing interface.
For more information access the WIPO website at: http://www.wipo.int/hague/en/guide/